Crane Salford Manchester; Last week at Mantis Cranes UK our Service Team installed Potain IGO50 Self Erecting Crane on site in Salford Manchester
Project Overview: ForHousing starts work on £4.9 million social housing scheme in Salford, housing association is building 39 social rent homes in Eccles, Salford.
ForHousing, part of the North West’s ForViva Group, is delivering the homes on Boardman Street to help meet the housing needs of low-income families. Designed by Grays Architecture, the development will be made up of 33 one-bedroom and six two-bedroom apartments.
“There is a shortage of truly affordable homes for people on the lowest incomes so we know that this scheme will have a massive impact in improving people’s lives. We’re proud to be starting work on this development, which will create more possibilities for more people.”
Salford City Council is supporting the development. So too is Homes England, which contributed £2.7 million of funding towards the scheme.
“This supports Salford’s plan to provide more affordable homes for Salford residents,” said Councillor Tracy Kelly, the council’s lead member for housing and neighbourhoods. “There is a particular shortage of one-bedroom properties so this scheme is particularly welcome.”
The Crane is now on site for 40 weeks hire period; Completion of the scheme is planned for Spring 2021.
The Potain IGO50 Self Erecting Crane that we installed on the site in Salford is one of our most popular Self Erecting Cranes from our rental fleet, due to the 4,000kg maximum capacity it can provide in restricted areas.
Advantages of Using a Potain IGO50 Self Erecting Crane,
- Self Erecting Tower Cranes greatly reduce the risk of damaging other machinery, or scaffolding, as there are less site movements that there normally would be with compared to other material handling solutions
- Pedestrian Operated Tower Cranes, like the Potain IGO50, deliver the load directly to the point of work so site efficiency is increased and the total time spent on a project may be reduced
- Self Erecting Tower Cranes leave less of an environmental footprint on a construction site as they remain in a stationary position on a solid base for the duration of the Tower Crane Hire rental period
- There is less disruption to local residents and nearby businesses as Self Erecting Tower Cranes operate with minimal noise compared to other material handling solutions
- Site Healthy and Safety is drastically improved due to the requirement for less manual handling work
Contact Mantis on 01388 748962 or email@example.com for further details.