Last week we carried out a Potain HDT80 dismantle in Somerset, completing a hire period of 18 weeks before moving on to another project in Surrey.
The Potain HDT80 Self Erecting Tower Crane was placed on site with a jib length of 31m and provided a loading capacity of 2.75 tonnes at jib length and 2.25 tonnes when folded. The height under hook, at jib end, for the project was 24.9m.
The project involved the construction of a music performance hall at Wells Cathedral School in Somerset. Wells Cathedral School is over 1,000 years old and has been co-educational since 1969, at which time it became one of the first independent schools to become fully co-educational.
The music performance centre, Cedars Hall, includes a 350-seat recital hall/auditorium, an up-to-date recording studio and rehearsal rooms. Construction on the project began in February 2015 and the Potain HDT80 from Mantis Cranes was on site from August 2015.
Potain HDT80 Dismantle in Somerset News
- Music on the Roof (Wells Cathedral School News)
- Musicians don hard hats to perform on roof (ITV News)
- Wells Cathedral School music students perform on roof of new Cedars Hall
The below video, produced for the main developer on the construction project, shows a walk through of the site in question.
To find out more about hiring a Self Erecting Tower Crane for your project, call us today at 01388 748 962.
Recent Mantis Cranes Projects
- Pedestrian Operated Tower Cranes on a Sports and Leisure Project
- Potain IGO50 Self Erecting Tower Crane on an Apartment Complex in Nottingham
- Pedestrian Operated Tower Crane on a Nursing Home Site in Newton Aycliffe
- City Tower Crane Hire on an Office Project
- Potain IGO50 Self Erecting Tower Crane on Retirement Apartments Project