Last week Mantis Cranes placed a Pedestrian Operated Tower Crane on a Nursing Home site in Newton Aycliffe.
One of our most popular cranes, the Mantis 35.10, will be on site for a hire period of approximately 20 weeks. This model of crane is ideal for the project as it can be easily installed on site prior to the project and dismantled with ease once the hire period comes to an end.
This development involves the conversion of a former police station building into a residential care home structure with a car park. The care home is due to open in Autumn 2016 with 56 bedrooms providing 24-hour care for the residents.
Advantages of using a Pedestrian Operated Tower Crane on a Nursing Home Site
- A speedy installation: In most cases a Self Erecting Tower Tower can be on site and operational in a couple of hours.
- Greater Efficiency: Once on site the SETC can deliver materials directly to the point of work, resulting in less vehicular movements on site and increased safety as a result of this.
- Once in place on a development a Self Erecting Tower Crane is static. Due to this there will be no soil compaction, churning of soil in bad weather or damage to ground conditions.
- Due to ease of operation, a Pedestrian Operated Tower Crane can significantly reduce the duration of a project.
- SETCs eliminate the possibility of damaging scaffolding or other construction equipment during the hire period.
- Less noise pollution as the cranes are powered by electricity.
- Self Erecting Tower cranes have lower operating costs to other material handling solutions.
- A Self Erecting Tower Crane is pedestrian operated and can eliminates the requirement for an additional banksman/slinger.
To find out more about hiring a Pedestrian Operated Tower Crane on a Nursing Home Site please contact us today at 01388 748962.