Here is a basic outline of the conditions that should be followed when getting your site ready for a Self Erecting Tower Crane.
- Route: The route that the train will travel to the crane base must be sufficiently compacted. Particular attention should be paid to corners, allowing adequate space for the crane to be
maneuvered into the final position.
- Level: The finished level of the crane base must be level with the surrounding ground.
- Slopes: Ensure that the level of the base has no slopes that may prevent grounding of the crane.
- In wintry conditions solid check to ensure that subsidence has not occurred since a site survey was completed.
- Adherence: You MUST strictly adhere to the instructions given to you by your crane supplier. Any deviation from the instructions that you have been supplied with MUST be given written approval from your supplier.
There are a number of important other factors to take into account
and, as previously stated, you must completely adhere to the instructions given to you by your crane supplier. For a sample copy of the Mantis Cranes Self Erecting Tower Crane base pack please click here.*
If you are considering hiring or purchasing a Pedestrian Operated Tower Cranes please feel free to call us at your earliest opportunity for a consultation.
For more on Getting your Site Ready for a Self Erecting Tower Crane contact us today at 01388 748962
* This base pack information is only to be used in conjunction with an approved Mantis Cranes hire. Mantis Cranes will no accept liability for misuse of the information in this document.